Home renovations can turn our boring lives exciting and make us happier in places we all call home. But other times, home renovations are done when it’s time to resell the home. Some home renovations can be expensive, while other low-cost renovations can create a similar impact on your home. It’s crucial to know which home renovations will add the most value to your home. In this blog, you’ll learn about seven home renovation ideas that’ll add grace and elegance to your home.
Best Home Renovation Ideas 2022
1) Minor Kitchen RemodelingRemodeling your kitchen will not only increase the overall value of your home, but it’ll also add new flavor to your daily activities like cooking, entertaining guests, friends, and family, and creating beautiful memories with the people you love. On average, you’ll recover 72% of the minor kitchen renovation costs. This is based on a 200-square foot kitchen with countertops and cabinets, where you’ll be adding new appliances, adding energy-efficient models, replacing cabinets with new-style panels, installing new sinks or countertops, replacing hardware, adding a coffee machine, or simply repainting the walls.
2) Swap Your WindowsWhile improving the aesthetics of your home, installing energy-efficient windows can save you a lot of money on your heating and cooling bills. Draughty windows can put off potential purchasers. You can even add uPVC windows, which are quite economical but add tremendous value to your home.
3) Revamp Your CountertopsIf you are seeking more advice on how to modify your tiny house, adorning an old countertop might be a fantastic start. The cost of installing a new kitchen counter might be a bit excessive, so pick contact paper or countertop film to simplify it. Both alternatives are quite affordable and do not involve hiring expertise. However, it is crucial to emphasize that applying contact paper is considerably easier than installing countertop film. Another alternative to update your kitchen countertop is to cover it with laminated or tile, both of which are cheaper than replacing counters. If you want a modern style, use a concrete finish or a hardwood overlay for your kitchen countertop.
4) Smart Home AutomationSmart home devices are growing in popularity in the real estate industry, helping to increase property values and provide a compelling attraction for potential buyers. The following are some of the most popular smart house upgrades:
- Smart thermostats
- Smart home security systems
- Smart motion sensors and smoke detectors
- Smart lights
- Smart garden
5) Spice The Entrance of Your HomeWithout breaking the money, you may give your house or apartment’s entryway a fresh lease on life. You should consider painting your front door because it is the first thing people notice when they arrive at your home. It is also a simple method to paint your front door. Start by sanding and removing the rust from your door, then concealing any designs or decorations with painter’s tape before applying a great reference and three to four coats of exterior paint. You may also replace your outdated exterior lighting fixtures with new ones. Additionally, if you have a front yard, be sure to mow it and maintain the plants to improve the appearance of your house. Filling up any cracks, laying pavers, painting or staining your concrete driveway or porch, on the other hand, can improve its appeal. For people who live in wet locations, weatherproofing your deck, patio, or sidewalk might be a great (and inexpensive) house improvement idea.
6) Paint The WallsWalls that are dull and washed out might make your home appear sad and dismal. It can have a significant impact on your mood, sleeping habits, and even hunger. As a result, if you’re seeking old house remodeling ideas, painting the walls will be your best bet. Choose a color that compliments your furnishings and makes your area appear more significant and coherent to begin this home improvement job. Second, make sure you select the appropriate paint finish for your space. If you don’t have any prior painting expertise, you should check out our tutorials on painting a room like a pro and a list of essential painting tools. The paint cost varies by company and is mainly determined by the finish. Because most homeowners appear to favor matte paint, a gallon may be purchased for between PKR 1700 and 2100. If you cannot paint the entire area, consider using paint or wallpaper to create an accent wall. It will not only improve your interior design but also give your place more depth.
7) Polish Your Wooden FurnitureRepairing and polishing your old wooden furniture is the perfect answer to both of these difficulties, whether you’re seeking economical home renovation advice or home renovation ideas for a tiny house. You don’t need to employ a professional to undertake this home renovation job, contrary to common opinion. This is a simple task that you can complete without assistance. The first step in restoring your antique furniture to its former splendor is to remove any unsightly scratches from the wood. Because nicks and bumps in the wax build-up on furniture may sometimes make it appear shabby and distressed, you should first remove the wax to see whether the wood is damaged. Then, depending on your furniture’s color, disguise any unsightly defects using the meaty side of a walnut, lemon juice, crayons, coffee grounds, or tea bags. After that, use a clean microfiber towel to wipe off the hardwood surface and sandpaper to open up the top layer. The polish will be able to penetrate further as a result of this. Apply the stain to the board in a smooth, one-directional motion with your paintbrush. Now, as you’ve revamped your home, it can easily be placed in the market for sale. A trusted real estate marketing agency like RAAS – smart property solutions can help you get the best value for your home.
Questions or concerns about real estate investments in Karachi? Connect with RAAS expert for smart future investments.