For people living in Pakistan, it’s normal for them to receive temperatures up to 45 degrees Celcius. In these severe atmospheres, it’s difficult for one to live without AC or an air cooler. But that principle doesn’t work for the kitchen. You can’t even have a fan in it, let alone any ACs. The kitchen is undoubtedly one of the hottest places in our homes. Especially in the summer heat, it’s unbearable to stay for a minute in it. Therefore, in this article, we’ll discuss kitchen cooling tips and hacks for our lovely audience (who work in the scorching heat) in the kitchen.
1. Turn Off The OvenWe know it’s a difficult step to approach and maybe costly for some people. An oven is almost a necessary appliance to have in the kitchen. But, if you want to combat the summer heat, you have to take a necessary precaution to avoid the increment, a subtle of the heat. “So, what do I use instead of ovens?” Time to throw some money into the mechanical appliances for cooking food. Take it out (before your kitchen reaches 60 degrees Celcius) if you already have it at home. You can also pay one time and buy all in one electric cooker from a verified brand. Note: To let you know that gas stove is three times more efficient than their electric halves.
2. Implant Smoke SuctionIf you haven’t built add the smoke suction in your kitchen, it’s better to do it now. According to World Health Organization data: “Globally, cooking fumes cause 3.8 million premature deaths, and it’s a killer in the kitchen.” You wouldn’t believe how much ventilation and other benefits it provides in the kitchen to combat smoke and heat yielded by a gas stove or cooking foods. Plus, it’s very beneficial in the summer heat. It absorbs warmth from the stove and the direct sun rays reaching your kitchen. Another advantage of using smoke suction is that it is affordable and comes with many benefits as well.
3. Seal The WindowsWindows are NOT a good source of ventilation in the kitchen, especially during the summer heat. You have to block them with a black crepe or glaze paper; otherwise, the solar radiation will keep on entering the kitchen. It will prove to be one of the ‘coolest’ kitchen cooling tips from this list. You can also install curtains to save yourself from the nuisance of placing and removing papers. Once you place the aforementioned options, you’ll realize the drop in the Celcius in your kitchen.
4. Try to Cook Late At Night or Early MorningUse this hack if you genuinely want to go for it. The advice looks simple, but it’s hard to discipline your body according to the mentioned time. But if the schedule suits you, you’ll find the tip most valuable among all the mentioned ones here. It’s a no-brainer that you can find the absence of heat in the atmosphere at night, and it’s relatively easy to cook at night rather than in the flaming red-hot sun. It will save you from exposing to more heat and keep your kitchen cool by the heat coming from the stoves.
5. Use as Little Lights as PossibleUsing many lights in a kitchen doesn’t refrain it from getting hot. It doesn’t matter if you’re using LED or fluorescent lights. Either of them has its drawbacks, and once you turn them off or use them as little as required, you’ll be surprised how much it affects the temperature. According to a data: “Majority of the people (about 90%) still use fluorescent light bulbs in their homes.” These bulbs generate more heat in a confined place and are a source of big electricity bills. Another good reason for using more miniature lights or LED lights is that it can save you money on electricity bills.
In ConclusionThe influx of heat in the kitchen can only be experienced by the one who’s working in it. Therefore, it’s your responsibility to provide them with a relaxed and comfortable working environment. Enhance your kitchen with all the kitchen cooling tips mentioned here to minimize heat and harmful radiation inflow. If you’re looking for homes with American styled furnished kitchen, RAAS – Smart Property Solution can get you one.
Questions or concerns about real estate investments in Karachi? Connect with RAAS expert for smart future investments.